1. Canterbury visit - will be on Tuesday 7th November. You will hopefully have all seen the letter: please send in payment and reply slip as soon as possible. Thanks
2. Dates for diary - 14th and 16th November. Parent consultations. More details/bookings will be sent out in the next few days.
3. MA Marking - apologies, but I have had to take down MA marking books from the website. We will now mark all MA books.
Mrs Stanford will start the week by looking at fractions of shape.
I will be looking at last term's Maths assessments with the children then we will be completing our percentage modules before moving on to Ratio.
We will start our new class reader 'Wonder' this week. It is a fantastic book and we will also be applying grammar punctuation learning and comprehension skills whilst reading it - as well as enjoying it too!
We will also start a new writing module focussing on non-Chronological reports. Whilst we are celebrating Halloween in our country, in Central America (linked to Mayans) next week will mark the time of the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead). We will be using various media (including the start of James Bond's Spectre!) as a stimulus.
We will complete our circuit investigation write ups then start focussing applying knowledge of switches (including Reed switches) to create an innovative burglar alarm (also based on homework).
Mrs Stanford will be moving ahead with our 'Understanding Christianity' modules - tbc
We will complete our letters to our twin school.
We will continue our Ukelele sessions.
We will complete our Christmas advent project following on from our illustration workshop.
If time we will then start design Dia de los Muertos masks.
1. Reading - continue with at least 4 times a week.
2. MA - one page.
3. Learning Journal - Will be a GPS worksheet this week.
4. Spellings - list 7:dited