1. Spelling Test - Christingle preps over-ran on Friday so the spelling test will be done on Monday morning. Spellings below will be tested on the following Monday too as we are at Whitstable.
2. High School Musical Performance at Bethany (Wednesday) - you should have all seen the later that came out on Tuesday. Please can you send in reply slips asap. We have sorted transport up to Bethany, but children will need collected at 4pm from the second entrance at Bethany. Please would you make own arrangement to have your child collected, but if anybody cannot, please let me know Monday.
3. Whitstable - this Friday. The entire trip will be outdoors and will include considerable walking up the seafront. Please make sure your child has a packed lunch/snack/water and sufficent clothing including waterproof. They should also have appropriate footwear. The coach leaves at 0845 so please be in school at 0830 latest so that we can leave on time. Thanks. We should be home in time for collection at 3.15pm.
4. Homework/SATS Buster books - as per last week's homework. Reading and number books are due in tomorrow.
Completing the reading, interpreting and drawing pie charts (linking with angles, fractions, percentages etc). We will also complete work on coordinates, translation and reflection of shape, negative numbers etc. Mr Goodman will be starting Algebra.
We will start the week by starting a short story unit based on a Michael Morpurgo story based on the coast of Cornwall (linking to coasts again). This will complete with a parallel short story.
Grammatically, we will revisit clauses in sentence.
Spellings - are below on Quizlet.
We will start our Science modules looking a solutes, solutions and mixtures. This will include practical investigations.
Mrs Stanford will be continuing the new module in our UC programme all about Islam; journeys.
We will be completing extra mile a days to make up for the fact that we are Whitstable (which will include about 3 miles walking) and our theatre trip.
DUE IN MONDAY 5th FEB
1. Reading - continue with at least 4 times a week.
2. SATS Buster Grammar - TBC
3. SATS Buster Punctuation - TBC
3. SATS Buster Number - TBC
4. Spellings - to be tested on 5th Feb. QUIZLET LINK
Letters to pen friends to be completed.