1. Thanks to those that attended my parent information session & Hardelot briefing. If you missed it, my presentations can be seen here:
To clarify the medication situation. We will take first aid and some basic medicine; children nurofen, antihistimine etc. We will also have some sunblock. If there is any specific medication that you need your child to take, please let Mrs Pilbeam have it with a written note with an explanation.
2. Passports and EHIC cards: You will probably received a text from the office asking for these. Please could you hand them in ASAP to the office. Make sure that they are in date for the duration of the visit.
3. Spellings - I understand there is a lot going on at the moment, but please can you encourage your child to work on their spellings between now and the SATS - it was apparent last week that quite a few children had admitted that they hadn't been learning them. I handed out another set of the 225 statutory and non-statutory words but if anybody doesn't have them they can be seen in the homework section on quizlet. Thanks.
4. Safety in Action trip/Orchard Run: If your child is running at Sutton Valence on Friday, if you are intending to collect your child from Safety in Action, please note that the pick up is at Kenward House (Kenward House, Kenward Rd, Yalding ME18 6AH) at 1145.
Continuing SATS revisions - children will complete a final set of Mock SATs tests which we will go through together.
Revision of all GPS areas.
We will also complete a full SATS mock GPS (including spelling) and Reading paper.
Complete short stories and start a new writing module about persuasive arguments relating to King Henry VIII.
King Henry VIII - rogue or genius monarch?
DUE IN MONDAY 30th April.
1. Spellings - HIGH PRIORITY. Learn the 225 words on the statutory and non-statutory word list.This is the Quizlet with them all on them.
2. SATS Buster Grammar -Pages 36, 37 & 44
3. SATS Buster Punctuation - Page 39.
4. SATS Buster Reading - new non-fiction book - Dare to Dance.