1. Bikeability - Group 3 will complete their missed session on Monday afternoon.
2. Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) - Yoan Reed, a specialist practitioner in RSE will be holding workshops with the Y5 and 6 children on Wednesday. She is also hosting a session for all parents on Wednesday 17th Jan - if you are able to come, please do complete the reply slip sent out in the letter. Thanks to those that made it to the parent session on Wednesday - for those that couldn't Yoan has sent me a few slides explaining what will be covered. Please follow this link.
3. 'Cakes for Whitstable' - A total of £150 raised. Amazing! As you will have seen from the letter midweek, the money is being used for our Whitstable trip.
4. Hardelot - the children were briefed on the trip on Thursday. Everything is booked with KCC Hardelot and we have committed to booking activities - we would therefore appreciate that you ensure you have payment in hand/planned. We have done all we can to reduce the cost despite inflation/Brexit factors and Mrs Vincent has sent our reminders about payment including ways to pay in installments. If you need to discuss further, please contact the office asap. Passports/EHIC cards - please make sure you child has a valid one for the duration of the visit: check the expiry date and try not to leave it to the last minute.
5. Christingle Service - this Friday at 2pm in St Mary's. Please do come and join us if you can. Year 6 will be leading the service.
5. Homework/SATS Buster books - as per last week's homework. Reading and number books are due in tomorrow.
Half the group will be revising decimals and percentages.
The other half will look at reading, interpreting and drawing pie charts (linking with angles, fractions, percentages etc). We will then look at grids with coordinates, translation and reflection of shape, negative numbers etc.
Children will start the week by embedding active and passive sentence in their writing. We will then continue by completing full compositions of the 'Faded' writing. We will finish the week by starting a short story unit based on a Michael Morpurgo story based on the coast of Cornwall (linking to coasts again)
Spellings - are below on Quizlet.
Children will be completing a business project which will give them the opportunity how to use spreadsheets including the use of macros/formula on Excel. The project will be based on creating a coastal themepark.
Mrs Stanford will be continuing the new module in our UC programme all about Islam; journeys.
Cricket on Friday afternoon.
DUE IN MONDAY 29th JAN.
1. Reading - continue with at least 4 times a week.
2. SATS Buster Grammar - Page 2 (nouns)
3. SATS Buster Punctuation - Page 2 & 3 (capital letter & full stops)
3. SATS Buster Arithmetic - Page 1-3 (addition)
4. Spellings - to be tested on 26th Jan. Many children are still not doing any spelling revision during the week - I have asked them to be more proactive, but I would be grateful for your continued support too. This week's spellings are on QUIZLET
Relationships & Sex Education workshop taking place on Wednesday morning. All the children will be taking part in the workshop together, though the girls will have a seperate Menstruation workshop during the morning.