1. Parent Consultations - many many thanks to you all for coming to parent consultations on Tuesday and Thursday last week. It was lovely to see the children delivering their e-portfolios and sharing pride in their learning with you. It is still early days and I am looking forward to seeing the portfolios refine and develop ahead of the next consultations.
2. Dragons' Den - Congratulations to all the groups. The ideas were so good and the levels of presentation so high, that the Dragons decided to put all groups through to take part in the Bazaar. Who will make the most money? I feel a further challenge coming on! Thanks to Ed Bates, Simon Russell and Moira (our Dragons) and Mrs Russell, Mrs Aldwinkle and Mrs Wilson for helping to organise things.
3. Hamper collection - many thanks for everyone that contributed to the Chrismas Hampers.
Mrs Stanford will start the week looking at conversion of measurement units - knowing when and how to multiply and divide by 10s, 100s, 1000s and even more.
We will then begin a new unit looking at shape, specifically properties and angles of shape.
We will continue our new class reader 'Wonder' everyday this week. Whilst the new Hollywood film is out, nobody REPEAT nobody is allowed to watch it until we finish the book :)
Other than that we will start looking at relative clauses and then a few days building to create a compelling persuasive argument (verbally and text).
We will continue our magnetism module, by creating and investigating a Fariday's torch. Specifically, we will look at electro-magnetism and how electricity, magnets and cathodes can be used to either make electricity or create motion (eg in a motor).
Mrs Stanford will continue with our 'Understanding Christianity' modules - tbc
I keep saying we will have Ukelele over the past weeks and it hasnt happened - this week it will!
We will continue using Flowal to sequence commands. We will also start using Apple's new Swift Playground App to acquaint ourselves with Apple's new coding language.
1. Reading - continue with at least 4 times a week.
2. MA - one page.
3. Learning Journal - will be a GPS worksheets
4. Spellings - list 10 . Quizlet Week 10