1. Monday 18th Feb is an INSET day. Day off for Year 6 pupils!
2. Homework - all homework books and planners must be in on Tuesday 19th to be marked. Spellings test (20 out of the 100 statutory words) will be on Tuesday morning too.
2. Whitstable photos - a link is now on the blog
3. Raising money for the RNLI - we need books! Following a fantastic personalised visit to the Whitstable RNLI, we have said that we would raise some money for the lifeboats. I was thinking we could keep a box of books out for sale for parents/children lower down in the school to buy. If you have some books that are in relatively good condition, that others may read and you are willing to give away, please bring them in.
4. Parent consultations - are nearly upon us and bookings are being taken 6th and 7th March. As before, pupils will be asked to attend for the first 5 minutes to present their updated portfolios.
5. Number Crunch Club - will start this Wednesday. All our welcome. Finishes at 4.15pm. Biscuits may feature :)
Finally, I would like to welcome Mr Hardman, a PGCE Trainee Teacher from Christchurch Canterbury University, who will be joining the Year 6 teaching team this term.
We will continue our unit on Algebra. This will conclude at the end of the week by looking at algebraic formula and sequences (eg Nth number).
There will be a big Grammar/Punctuation focus this term - this week, will include:
Main/subclauses and use of Parenthesis, adjectives and adverbs, modal verbs to indicate certainty.
We will also be planning an information text linked to Geography - see Geography below.
Spellings - are below on Quizlet.
We will be investigating the effects and properties of solvents.
Children will be looking at the types of coastal erosion and then features of coastal erosion. This work will culminate in an infomation piece of writing.
Lacrosse with Mr Goodman. Please ensure that suitable kit for outdoor PE is in school.
Session 3 of our Spreadsheet module - creating and income spreadsheet and then linking cost/income sheets to create a profit/loss sheet.
DUE IN MONDAY 26th FEB
1. Reading - continue with at least 4 times a week.
2. SATS Buster Grammar - P9
3. SATS Buster Punctuation - P12-13
3. SATS Buster Number - P9-10
4. SATS Buster Arithmetic - P8-9
5. SATS Buster Reading - An Underground City (if not completed last week)
4. Spellings - to be tested on 26th Feb. This is the 102 word Year 5/6 Statutory Word list. Mrs Wyatt set these last year and my plan is to randomly choose 20 words in the test from the list each week for the next few week. Children are expected to know and use these words regularly in their portfolio of writing. QUIZLET LINK