1. Bikeability - Final 2 groups on Monday Tuesday: Group 3 on Monday and Group 4 on Tuesday.
2. Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) - Yoan Reed, a specialist practitioner in RSE will be holding workshops with the Y5 and 6 children on 24th Jan. She is also hosting a session for all parents on Wednesday 17th Jan - if you are able to come, please do complete the reply slip sent out in the letter. If you haven't seen the letter it can be viewed and printed from here http://www.goudhurst-kilndown.kent.sch.uk/sites/default/files/Y5%20%20Y6%20Sex%20and%20Relationship%20Education%20letter%20Dec%202017.pdf. We are very lucky to have Yoan joining us again this year and I strongly recommend coming to join in her session if you are available.
3. 'Cakes for Whitstable' - Many thanks to everyone that donated cakes and volunteered to sell them. I don't know how much was raised yet, but we will use the proceedings along with last term's towards our Whitstable visit.
4. Visit - talking of which, Whitstable will now be on Friday 2 Feb 17. More details to follow.
5. Homework/SATS Buster books - the school have purchased a number of homeworking books for the children to use on a weekly basis in the run up to SATs in May. Details of homework are below, but can I ask for these to be kept in a safe place at home - I have no spares of these (they are very expensive).
We will start the week, refreshing number terminology: prime numbers, squared and cubed numbers, factors and multiples. Some of the children will continue working with decimal numbers, while the rest will revist percentages. Our focus this term is towards more challenging problem solving and reasoning to ensure Maths skills are embedded.
We will be completed an RE based writing task based on Islam and journeys. On Tuesday, the class will be practising their comprehension skills and for the rest of the week, we shall be writing the 'Faded' diaries - we hope to be posting some of them on the blog by the end of the week.
In Grammar, we will revisit different types of clauses.
Spellings - are below on Quizlet. We will send the correct spelling slip out on Monday.
Children will be researching and then writing about Tides and their effect on coasts.
Mrs Stanford will be continuing the new module in our UC programme all about Islam; journeys.
Mr Goodman will be squeezing in an outdoor lacrosse session.
DUE IN MONDAY 22 JAN.
1. Reading - continue with at least 4 times a week.
2. SATS Buster Reading - 'The Baking Battle'
3. SATS Buster Number, Ratio & Algebra booklet - pages 1-3
4. Spellings - to be tested on 19th Jan. Practice on QUIZLET