1. Parent consultations - Many thanks to everyone who came in last week- I think I met with nearly every single set of parents over the 2 evenings. Your continued support in school and at home is invaluable, so thank you.
2. Number Crunch Club - Will resume this Wednesday - if you have not signed up, please do so. All comers are welcome. The sessions are helping to supplement (in a fun way) the learning we are doing in class. If your child has any 'gaps' in their understanding, they should come along. It finishes at 4.15pm. With parent consultations taking place this week, the Club will resume next Wednesday.
3. English Open Morning - will take place between 0915-1015 this Friday morning. Please do come in and join us. You are more than welcome to drift between classes if you would like to discover the progression throughout the school (or if you have more than one child at the school!).
Another packed week, revising most of the areas we have previously covered but from a problem solving/reasoning perspective. This week will be a focus on all the elements of measurement: Area, perimeter, volume, weight, time, length/distance and capacity.
GPS: will include reviewing last week's GPS assessment paper, more clauses (including relative) and subjunctive form.
We be completing a big write text this week: this term, will be an information report and I will be allowing children to write on a subject of their choice.
Spellings - are below on Quizlet. Tested Monday (12th March) first thing.
A new module - Mr Hardman will be leading investigation into the wonders of Chromotography. Fancy being a secret spy? You will enjoy this one!
Mr Goodman will be leading the next installment of learning how to play lacrosse.
Mrs Standford will continue our current module about 'Salvation'.
DUE IN MONDAY 19th March
1. Reading - continue with at least 4 times a week.
2. SATS Buster Grammar -Pages 16 & 17
3. SATS Buster Arithmetic - Pages 20, 25 & 26
3. SATS Buster Number - Pages 21, 24 & 25
4. SATS Buster Punctuation - Pages 20, 21, 26 and 27
5. SATS Reading - The Old Photograph - all questions
6. Spellings - to be tested on 19th March. This will be the final week on the Year 5/6 Statutory Word list. QUIZLET LINK