1. Parent information sessions - if you missed the 2 sessions, my presentation can be viewed here. I also handed out a sheet I made up containing all Open Day/Evenings - if you would like one, there are copies in the classroom.
2. Head Boy/Girl - will be announced in assembly next week along with the rest of the new School Council.
3. Harvest Festival - this will be Year 6's first church service that they will be leading. It will take place Wednesday 20th September in St Mary's.
We will be revised recent lessons on longer division and multiplication through a series of problem and reasoning activities with children expected to show their understanding in a variety of ways.
We will then start looking at fractions. Initially, what is a fraction? Relationships to decimals, percentages, then working with unlike fractions, mixed numbers etc.
Week 2 of spellings. Spellings are in the homework section below. We will focus on apostrophe use: contractions and possession. In our writing we will start a persuasive letter writing project. This will culminate in a letter that the children will write that will actually be sent in the post to an addressee. The project is relating to school improvement.
Mrs Stanford will continue to hone children's comprehension skills too.
Children will complete their Mayan introduction learning pages.
We will also start our new Science module. This term we will be studying physics, specifically Electricity. We will be reviewing key information that we will need to complete the module as well as establishing what everybody already knows about electricity.
Again will be led by Mrs Stanford. She will continue to look at different persectives of 'Creation'.
Will be on Friday with Mrs Mileham - Invasion Games. Children are to ensure that they have the correct PE kit in school.
We couldnt fit any in last week, but this week we will! Continuing with our Ukelele lessons - more bugs and spiders!
I am hoping that we will finally have Pathbrite e-portfolios set up so we can start them on Friday. I will also be starting a series of basic programming lessons in Scratch, then latterly HTML (used to create websites).
This week we will be talking about our 'exchange school' L'ecole Sainte Jean D'Arc, that we will visit next June. We will start planning initial letters to write to them.
1. Reading - continue with at least 4 times a week.
2. MA - one page.
3. Learning Journal - This week, I will hand out a worksheet about apostrophes. I will trim them, but please make sure they are stuck into learning journals.
4. Spellings - list 1: I have also set up an interactive Quizlet for children to use (more fun) - please visit https://quizlet.com/_3pkin9