1. Canterbury visit - will be on Tuesday. Please make sure children are in school for 0745. The coach must leave just after 0800 as the traffic will be heavy at that time of the morning. Packed lunches and uniforms. We will be back in time for usual pickup.
2. Dates for diary - 14th and 16th November. Parent consultations. You are now able to make bookings online or via the school office. Remember, your son/daughter will be presenting their initial e-porfolios during the first 5 mins of the meeting.
3. Dragons' Den - just be aware that the children are now in their Dragons' Den 'pitching' groups and have been fully briefed about what is expected. Our Dragons will see the children on Wednesday 15th November during the morning. A number of groups will then be selected to take their idea to the Christmas Bazaar which takes place 25th November.
Mrs Stanford will start the week by looking at how to interpete graphs and other forms of data.
We will also make a delayed start on our Ratio module.
We will continue our new class reader 'Wonder' everyday this week.
We will complete a short piece of writing in response to our visit to Canterbury Cathedral- this will be in the style of a descriptive recount.
Finally we will be focussing on parenthesis punctuation.
Having built our burglar alarms last week, we will evaluate them this week and write up our findings.
Mrs Stanford will be moving ahead with our 'Understanding Christianity' modules - tbc
We will continue our Ukelele sessions.
Mrs Pilbeam will be running a session where children can complete a final version of their Day of the Dead Mask/Sugar Skull.
1. Reading - continue with at least 4 times a week.
2. MA - one page.
3. Learning Journal - Compasses. Linked to a future Science lesson about Magnetism, I would like children to provide an interesting, engaging learning page about Compasses. This could include history of, how they work, applications and any other useful information.
4. Spellings - list 8. Apologies that I didnt put Wk 7 on Quizlet. Week 8 is here.ited