Hello and welcome back. I hope that everybody had an amazing break - I certainly did.
A couple of things.
1. Kent Test - those registered to take the test will sit it on Thursday morning. Please make sure that they bring in a snack and some water to keep fuelled. We will finish by lunchtime.
2. Parent information sessions - will take place next week, Tuesday and Wednesday12th & 13th September at 1530-1600. This session is probably the most important as it explains what we have planned for Year 6.
3. PE kits - please make sure all children have full PE kit in school everyday. They will also need trainers which can be kept in the classroom for a Mile-a-day.
Our learning journey in Maths will start by recapping place value of numbers up to digits of 10 million. We will also comparing large and decimal numbers and finish by rounding numbers to different place values.
We will start the year by refreshing ourselves with different word types in grammar. In our writing, we will immediately focus on descriptive writing: a recap on noun phrases and adjectives then learning about non-finite clauses. We will finish by completing a creative piece of descriptive writing.
We will be creating a composition which will be displayed at the forthcoming St Mary's Flower Harvest Art Festival.
We will be introducing the children to Pathbrite, an electronically based portfolio for the children to set their targets and celebrate successes over the course of the year - watch this space!
1. Planners will be handed out on Tuesday. Reading - please make sure children try and read at least 4 times a week and that this is recorded in the planner. An adult needs to sign that the reading has taken place please and if possible, note what they have been reading. Thanks
2. MA books -will be issued on Tuesday too. For this first week, there is limited homework and we ask that just one page of MA is completed.