1. I hope everyone enjoyed the 4 snow days last week and are fully refreshed for this week - we have quite a lot to catch up. I hope that most, if not all of you were able to access the 'Snow Day' learning that I set up last week.
2. Parent consultations - Tuesday and Wednesday this week. As before, pupils will be asked to attend for the first 5 minutes to present their updated portfolios.
3. Number Crunch Club - I still have lots of place available - if you have not signed up, please do so. All comers are welcome. The sessions are helping to supplement (in a fun way) the learning we are doing in class. If your child has any 'gaps' in their understanding, they should come along. It finishes at 4.15pm. With parent consultations taking place this week, the Club will resume next Wednesday.
4. Tiling Project - Y6 will work with their buddies this Friday to create another set of 30 tiles that will take pride of place in the Hippos toilets.
A roll-over from last week. Pie charts were completed but also this week we will focus on: Fraction problems, Time problems, and angles on a point and in shape.
GPS: will include
Determiners, noun phrases, subjunctive, conjuntions (subordinating & coordinating), pronouns and possessive pronouns and verb tenses.
We will be completed our Geography information texts (on computer) and starting a newspaper writing module
Spellings - are below on Quizlet. Tested Monday (5th March) first thing.
We will be completing the write up and assessment of our investigation of the effects and properties of solvents.
Children will complete Pathbrite e-portfolio updates.
Mr Hardman will conclude the Excel project creating profit and loss spreadsheets for a Theme Park.
DUE IN MONDAY 12th March
1. Reading - continue with at least 4 times a week.
2. SATS Buster Grammar - P.13 + 15
3. SATS Buster Arithmetic - P.15 + 19
3. SATS Buster Number - P.14 + 15
4. SATS Buster Punctuation - P.17 + 18
4. Spellings - to be tested on 12th March. Continuing the 102 word Year 5/6 Statutory Word list. Mrs Wyatt set these last year and my plan is to randomly choose 20 words in the test from the list each week for the next few week. Children are expected to know and use these words regularly in their portfolio of writing. QUIZLET LINK