1. Spelling Test - Monday.
2. Whitstable - we had a great, albeit cold trip on Friday. Thanks to Mrs Clarke and Chapman for accompanying us on the visit. Mrs Chapman took some lovely photos of the visit and I will post these on the blog and galleries soon.
3. Raising money for the RNLI - we need books! Following a fantastic personalised visit to the Whitstable RNLI, we have said that we would raise some money for the lifeboats. I was thinking we could keep a box of books out for sale for parents/children lower down in the school to buy. If you have some books that are in relatively good condition, that others may read and you are willing to give away, please bring them in.
4. Assessment Week - it is our termly opportunity to assess your child's progress. We will be doing a Writing, GPS and Maths assessment this week and we would really appreciate that your child is in school and has had a good night's sleep. Thanks.
4. Homework/SATS Buster books - I decided not to set them this week, but there will be books to complete over the half term. Children will be told on Monday and I will post them in the homework below.
5. Ash Wednesday - there will be a short service on Wednesday from 9.15am. You are more than welcome to come and join us in St Mary's.
Algebra on Tuesday then completing Maths arithmetic and reasoning/problem solving assessments
We will complete a Big Write on Monday morning- it will be a recount based on our trip to Whitstable.
Tuesday - GPS revision before a GPS assessment on Tuesday.
Spellings - are below on Quizlet.
We will write up our dissolving investigation that we completed last week.
Children will complete an engaging learning page encompassing all that they learnt from our trip to Whitstable.
Cricket on Friday afternoon. Please ensure that you have kit in school.
DUE IN TUESDAY 20th FEB
1. Reading - continue with at least 4 times a week.
2. SATS Buster Grammar - pages 4-5 & pages 6-7
3. SATS Buster Punctuation - pages 6-7 & pages 10-11
3. SATS Buster Number - pages 6-7
4. SATS Buster Arithmetic - pages 6-7
4. Spellings - to be tested on 20th Feb. This is the 102 word Year 5/6 Statutory Word list. Mrs Wyatt set these last year and my plan is to randomly choose 20 words in the test from the list each week for the next few week. Children are expected to know and use these words regularly in their portfolio of writing. QUIZLET LINK
Letters to pen friends to be completed.