1. A big well done to all the Dragon's Den Y6 'businesses' - they raised nearly £600 which is a huge amount. It was lovely to see everyone in action on the day and working so hard to raise as much money as possible.
2. Gingerbread houses: You will have seen that the letter I sent out in the week. To make the project happen, we always need volunteers - thank you for those that have agreed to do so, but we still need more. Tuesday afternoon is now not possible because of the KS1 Dress rehearsal, so as many people as Tuesday morning and Wednesday would be great.
3. Christmas Church Service - Wednesday 20th December at 2pm. Year 6 will be leading the service as usual - please do come along if you can.
We will be consolidated work done so far this term and then be completing end of term assessments in Arithmetic, Problem Solving and Reasoning.
We will be completing end of term assessments in Reading (comprehension) and Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling (GPS).
We will also be editting our Big Write 'Instructional Writing' on laptops.
Finally, we are over halfway through our Wonder book and we will be continuing to hear what happens to 'Auggie', friends and family.
Having completed last week's electromagnetism investigation (see blog video), we will be completing our write ups then starting a final module focussing on Electricity generation including renewable energy sources: this will include wind and solar energy
We will be looking at 'Talking Safely online' and creating posters to be displayed around school.
We will hopefully have 'penpals' set up with children from our twin school in Boulogne so that we can send our welcome letters. Time permitting, we will create a short 'Christmas' video to share.
More Ukelele this week - with Mr Goodman
1. Reading - continue with at least 4 times a week.
2. MA - one page.
3. Learning Journal - Continued from last week. A two week project. Create a short project on renewable energy - present your information however you like, but it must include 3 types of renewable energy generation. Hand in Monday 11 Dec.
4. Spellings - list 12 . Quizlet term 2 Week 6